April 13, 2012

how do you wear vintage? Megan & Christopher

While out for dinner with a friend a couple of weeks ago, I met Megan.  We got to talking and during our short conversation I mentioned that I have a blog and was interested in her take on vintage. 
She had such a great look.  Her chestnut hair was cut in a close crop and highlighted with red stained lips (a recent change from the photos below).  She was oozing Mia Farrow circa the1960's. I gave her my contact information and crossed my fingers.  Much to my delight, she replied and forwarded me the most amazing photos (below).  She was also kind enough to include details of her (and her husband's) inspiration. A chance encounter that I am very grateful for.











Christopher's tuxedo was from Hugo Boss which was purchased new, but he chose to accent it with vintage accessories.  His gold and garnet cuff links were purchased at Cabaret (Toronto, ON) circa 1930's. His watch, Gucci, circa 1970's was a gift from my father.  His bow tie was Alexander Olch, which importantly for him added a classic touch to his tux. For each of his groomsmen he gifted a vintage tie clip from the 1930's purchased at Cabaret (Toronto, ON). 


My dress was by Maggie Sottero. I chose it for its 'old Hollywood glam' feel, a look that I was going for. Like Chris, I decided to accent my dress with several vintage pieces. My purse was purchased from The House of Vintage (Toronto, ON.) circa early 1930's.  (I was extremely lucky to find this piece in such great condition, as the previous owner had kept it in a oak box for many years before bringing it into the shop). For my bouquet I attached my grandmothers hummingbird pin she had left to me and had purchased for herself back in the 1960's. I purchased the birdcage veil  from hat designer Agnes Hart, UK that I found on Etsy and added a feather and vintage broach. My shoes were Manolo Blahnik and after seeing the first 'Sex and The City' movie, I knew that Carrie Bradshaw's 'Something Blue's' were what I wanted for a wedding heel.

 







Photos Vicki Bartel

Follow Megan at charlottemildred.com

1 comment:

  1. stunning. so nice of them to share. they really do look like classic hollywood.

    ReplyDelete