April 01, 2013

leather trousers makeover





Often times my inspiration when vintage and thrift shopping comes from looks that I see on the runway, in magazines and on the street.  I love the challenge of finding garments that may not be perfect but have 'good bones' and making them work to satisfy my style cravings.  I am in love with boyfriend trousers and while you can find this style in denim at almost every store right now, I thought that this look in leather would take it to the next level.  Finding the leather London Fog trousers pictured above was kind of a happy accident.  I was actually shopping for a leather skirt that I had plans to deconstruct and make into a purse.  While I found a skirt last seen here, it ended up fitting so well that I actually added it to my wardrobe rather than tear it apart. I grabbed these pants as a back up because of the amount of usable leather but when I tried them on, I was inspired to make my dream of leather boyfriend trousers come true.  After a visit to my trusty seamstress and a lapse of just 24 hours, I had my very own custom leather boyfriend trousers. I guess my purse idea will have to wait!


Leather trousers (thrifted, Penny Jane's Vintage, Windsor, ON $25; alterations $42). Top (H&M). Shoes (Aldo). Bracelet (Hudson Bay Co.). Sunglasses (Ray-Ban).












Photos A Mingay

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in love with these baggy leather pants and your shoes. Great styling...chic and edgy!

    Eirini

    ReplyDelete