December 03, 2013

the wool coat




I have never really liked winter coats much and so I've spent countless winters shivering in a leather jacket. Even when I tried to find a coat that I could tolerate, they always just felt like a bulky cover up.
So this year, I decided it was time to challenge the cold and find a winter coat that was both fashionable and functional.  I am quite pleased with the wool 3/4 length number that I found last week at a Salvation Army in Detroit. It is lightweight, well tailored and even looks pretty great with jeans.
It may be a bit premature to commit to a season that I have always loathed, but maybe I am finally ready to embrace it, all bundled up!

Tomorrow, another coat. This one in a lighter hue with a more masculine feel. Be sure to leave a comment and let me know if either of my choices won you over too! 

Wool coat (thrifted, Salvation Army, Detroit, MI. $5). Fur collar (Danier). T-shirt (Old Navy). Waxed jeans (BDG). Boots (Zara). Sunglasses (Prada). 









Photos A Mingay

1 comment: