February 24, 2014

how do you wear vintage? - barbara



I met Barbara over the weekend at a local resale shop.  I've spotted her around the city several times, always looking fashionable and always wearing a great hat.

We chatted for about 20 minutes during which she told me of her love for vintage clothing and accessories as well as furnishings.  She has been collecting for years. Her sunglasses were purchased new, but she said that she's had them for so long that they're now vintage!

She also told me that a recent fire had destroyed much her collection, including some of her favourite Borsalino hats, many of which she had purchased direct from the factory in Italy. When I gasped at the thought, she simply replied that  she now just has more room to keep collecting!
.


No comments:

Post a Comment