August 06, 2012

seeking adventure





Arguably one of the most interesting locations for a shoot thus far, the Gladstone is a local bar with few windows and a whole lot of regular characters.  When I strolled in wearing a fluorescent orange jacket, leather pants and heels (did I mention that it was about 95 degrees outside?) I too became a character of sorts. 

In order to ensure that we made it out alive, my photographer (no, my daughter was not part of this shoot!) and I thought that we had the proper backup, that was until the three lanky gents walked in and were instead mistaken for being part of a basketball team.  My favourite comment of the afternoon was from a woman who has been a patron of the bar for 33 years that said “the only time I see a camera in this place is to photograph a crime scene’ 

Cheers to adventure!



Orange florescent blazer (Joe Fresh Runway). Leather leggings (Wilfred). T-shirt (F21). Booties (Steve Madden) last seen here. Leather necklace (vintage, Value Village Thrift, Windsor, ON. $4).  Rhinestone choker (vintage, Jones & Company, Windsor, ON. $18). Snakeskin clutch (vintage, Jones & Company, Windsor, ON. $28).













Photos A Bartol

1 comment: