Sometimes something that is not quite perfect just needs to come in contact with a razor blade! This fur vest was a coat last week. After being inspired by a vintage find (that I didn't purchase), I paid
a visit three visits to my seamstress who refused the work because she said that I could do it myself! After her third refusal and a little instruction, I went to work. First taking a razor to the lining in the sleeves, then to the fur. She recommended a razor vs scissors to avoid actually cutting through the fur. Good tip! I also removed the GIANT shoulder pads. I then hand sewed a binding (made from the removed lining) to the body of the jacket, rolled the edge and hand sewed the lining of the jacket to the binding using a blind stitch (as per my instructor). Voila, $50 in alterations costs saved. Not to worry, I keep my seamstress very busy, she can afford to push back every once in a while.
Rabbit fur (vintage, Value Village Thrift, Windsor, ON $25). Leather jacket (Zara). Beaded dress (H&M). Booties (Topshop). Cuffs (H&M). Personalized 'belongs to ghrlunltd' perspex clear clutch (MNO logie; buy it here).
Photos A Mingay