April 22, 2016

day 4 FAT 2016

Odrea
trompe l'oeil - noun - visual illusion in design intended to create the illusion of a three-dimensional object.  I'll admit, I had to look it up, but after reading the inspiration for the collection  - the visual amusement of fashion by dressing lines on garments, I was intrigued.  At first glance it was the clean lines and monochromatic pallet that appealed to me, but it was more than that.  It had to be, because I am not typically drawn to clean lines and a light hues. It was the subtle volume without volume, it was the texture without texture, it was classic without being safe.  It was smart wearable art. It was very good.


House of Poplyn


Padina Pondar


Neoteny Apparel


Nuvango


Padina Bondar


RiaToss SKULPTUR


Odrea


House of Poplyn


Nuvango



All photos by Jonathan Hooper
For more of his work, visit his Instagram account @jonathanhooper

No comments:

Post a Comment